Friday, April 24, 2009

Father's Network

Last night I went to the monthly Father's Network meeting at the Snohomish County ARC in Everett for the first time. It was nice to get out of the house, but more importantly it was good to hear about the struggles of other fathers with special needs kids as well as get to share my own. There were about 8-10 of us there, and my wife was not there so I had to do all of my own talking.

And that was really the hard part, being social even with a small group can be challenging and tiring. Even more so when most of the people in the room I'd not met before. One thing I did come away with was even though we all had kids with very diffent needs, there were many parts of our lives that were similar. Saturday night is the Snohomish County Father's Network Poker Night. Here's to hoping I have just a good of a time with less of the crash at the end.

No comments: